[Foundation-l] Wikinews language coordinator needed

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Mon Oct 9 14:18:22 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'd like to delegate the task of coordinating Wikinews language
editions. The task consists of the following:

1) Keep an eye on
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikinews/Start_a_new_edition
for language editions which have at least 5 supporters.

2) When that threshold is reached, contact the supporters and ask them
to prepare the necessary translations / page creations at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/New_language_pre-launch

3) Keep an eye on that page as well for editions which are ready to go.

4) When an edition is ready to go, file a site request at

http://bugzilla.wikipedia.org/

For bonus points: A new language edition initially needs to have
uploads enabled until it uploads its own logo, then uploads need to be
disabled until a fair use policy is established that clarifies under
which circumstances users are allowed to upload files.

Wikinews editions also need to be licensed under CC-BY, not GFDL.

Beyond acting on your own, you would also be the first point of
contact for all questions about the process. I'd be happy to go
through it with you once more via Skype or phone.

If you are interested in volunteering for this role, please contact me
privately at erik AT wikimedia DOT org, and I will try to pick the
person a) most qualified and b) most likely to do the work. ;-)

--
Peace & Love,
Erik

Member, Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees

DISCLAIMER: Unless otherwise stated, all views or opinions expressed
in this message are solely my own and do not represent an official
position of the Wikimedia Foundation or its Board of Trustees.