[Foundation-l] Proposed guidelines in our IRC channels

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 18:47:45 UTC 2006

On 10/10/06, Sean Whitton <sean at silentflame.com> wrote:

> For the moment, I have no idea how enforcable/!official these
> guidelines are going to be. I suggest that we worry about that after
> we actually have some, because the channel operations structure is too
> ad hoc to make assumptions on how it will work. This is just an idea,
> something that I hope people will adopt.

I understood the Foundation or Jimbo or someone had expressly disowned
#wikipedia as the hellhole it is (but a sorta comfy hellhole all the
same, y'know) but that the Foundation is, for Freenode purposes, the
controlling organisation for everything else starting #wikipedia or
#wikimedia. I could of course be dead wrong on this, but if I am I'd
welcome correction.

- d.