[Foundation-l] [Announcement] Wikimedia promotion committee

Anthere Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 6 12:51:22 UTC 2006

A little bump to mention how much this committee important is and to
invite people to join it.

I suggest that three focus are in particular important, and the three
requires very different people help.

The first is improvement of the material we can provide when we visit
potential partners. There is already a good work on this, and the
Foundation needs to provide further input and data to make it.
Suggestions from people in business in particular is welcome.

The second focus is about translation. The leaflets are already
translated in several languages, but probably not enough. They need more
translation AND MOSTLY, communities in various languages need to know
these documents exist.

Last is projects. We have a lot of documentation on Wikipedia. Very
little on Commons, Wikisource etc... We need MORE.

Incidently, the french language community has an urgent need for
Wikisource and Wikicommons projects to receive a lot of light from
french press.... within 2 weeks (yeah, short). We must be noticeable as
a french virtual library urgently :-)

Can it be a special urgent focus ?

ant