[Foundation-l] Club Membership

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 08:06:54 UTC 2006

On 10/4/06, SJ Klein <meta.sj at gmail.com> wrote:
> To the list: learning to write in an NPOV fashion is hard.
> Finding the line between announcing something you are proud of
> and self-promotion can be tricky.  Please assume good faith and
> be of good cheer, especially with list newbies.

Sorry, Samuel, here I have a different opinion.
During the Election, I heard from several jawiki editors like the
below: I am subscribing foundation-l still now though, I read it today
seldom. Too high traffic, a bunch of slangs. Too hard to follow
topics. It is very discouragous when I found some mail is totally
off-topic after I spent some minutes with my dictionary". And I would
like to add some of them are better translators than me. They just
aren't familiar to garbage collecting type readings.

I don't oppose generally "assume good faith" axiom. But here you
English native speakers are better to be aware such postings
discourage the legitimate part of Wikimedia project who have been
working also on a good faith to be involved foundation activity
dimension.

Or it is a privilage for native English speaker and ESL speakers?

--
Kizu Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org