[Foundation-l] Mywikipediaspace

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Tue Oct 3 00:48:23 UTC 2006

daniwo59 at aol.com wrote:

> But what if that hypothetical hotel chain wrote an article about
> their hotel in the area, complete with amenities, prices for
> rooms, and a phone number for booking. Would that be worthy of
> inclusion?

Not in all that detail, no.  But that would be judged by the
encyclopedic qualities of the text, not by the commercial motives
behind it.  There certainly are notable hotels that deserve
articles of their own, even if it's almost always a good idea to
avoid writing about yourself.  What I wrote is that commercial
companies are free to pay someone to write *good* articles for
Wikipedia.  And prices and phone numbers are not part of any good
article that I can think of.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)