[Foundation-l] Porchesia

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 18:58:57 UTC 2006

On 10/1/06, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> For this to be relevant, there are two other mailing list that are more
> oportune: the en-wikipedia-l and the wikipedia-l. This list is the
> foundation list and the subject matter is hardly relevant for those who
> do not want to get swamped here with things that are too project specific.

I think it is odd that you don't think that another example of a
Wikimedia wiki distributing a hoax unchecked for months is
uninteresting.

Yes, the enwiki speedy deletion aspects of the thread were offtopic,
but it's rare that we have a thread which runs without offtopic
interjections.

In any case, I think this is interesting at a global level because the
Wiki's at greatest risk of collecting garbage are often the ones with
the least activity.

After seeing that one of the Wikipedias had its main page changed to
say "Welcome to the Runescape trading forum", I wondered if it would
be useful to setup a bot to check recent changes on all the smaller
wikis for insertions of English text. .. With the hope that the worst
of the junk on small wikis would be in inappropriate languages.

It would be really nice if we had a single recentchanges page that
aggregated all the low activity wikis.