[Foundation-l] Porchesia

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 1 00:07:59 UTC 2006

I do agree with Gerad's ideas, but I also think this
is not the place to be discussing what en.WP speedy
deletion criteria should or should not be.  I have
heard en.WP has an entire mailing list all to itself.

Birgitte SB

--Gerad's message--
Hoi,
We should before we want to even consider policies
whereby sources are
required consider what it would do to other projects.
Many of the other
projects do not have the maturity to follow the lead
of the English
Wikipedia they do not have sufficient content and
burdening the content
creation with this zeal would put a damper on the
creation of new
content. The idea that the English language sources
are universally
good
is problematic as well.

We should also consider how much work it is to source
all the unsourced
articles. I assume that the amount of time involved is
such that it is
not even feasible to source all English articles that
do not have
sources in half a year. When an article has one
source, it does not
follow that the article is sufficiently sourced.
Uncompletely sourced
articles are as bad or worse than articles that have
not been sourced
at
all.

I am afraid I could not disagree with you more.

Thanks,
    GerardM

James Hare wrote:
> Well, if we make it a new criterion, we shouldn't
apply it
retroactively. I
> understand there was a time when sources didn't mean
as much.

> As for the unsourced articles that currently exist,
we could do some
very
> long PROD deal with it -- articles tagged as having
zero sources have
three
> months to get at least ONE SOURCE for any part of
the article before
it
> qualifies for speedy. That's a generous amount of
time.

wrote:

>>> Let's mkae a new speedy criterion: if there's no
sources, nuke it.
With

wrote:

> [...]
Any admins are