[Foundation-l] Vandalism and small wikis

Darko Bulatovic mail at itam.ws
Thu Nov 30 12:35:11 UTC 2006

Sabine Cretella wrote:
>> I don't understand you very well here. Many language (mostly
>> European)are having nation marks (English, French, German, Russian,
>> Albanina, Greek, Italian, ....)
>>
> You forgot that German is spoken in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and
> Italy all three happily living together on one wiki - and of course:
> there are some differences among these four versions of German, but
> nevertheless they are ONE language.
> French is spoken in France, Canada, Switzerland etc. and they work on
> one Wikipedia.
> Dutch is spoken in the Netherlands, Belgium and France and they work on
> one Wikipedia.
> Italian is spoken in Italy and Switzerland and they work on one Wikipedia.
> English is spoken in Great Britain, USA, Australia, New Zealand etc. and
> they all work on one Wikipedia.

That is very specific case, As in Switzerland live Italians, Germans and
Franks. In Montenegrin case in Montenegro lives 45% Montenegrin s, 35%
Serbs, Albanians, Bosnnjaks,...
On other cases those countries was colonies of mayor European empires.
> Of course there are slight differences in the usage of certain
> terminology, in writing etc., but they all happily work together. There
> is the possibility, even now, to handle more than one language on a Wiki
> and the smaller the communities of a certain language or variation or
> dialect the more sense it makes to co-operate in one wiki for the simple
> fact that the project has a better chance to survive - anyway the day is
> not all too far that it will become even easier to hav various scripts
> and dialects live on one wiki.
>
> A Wiki project is about co-operation and not separation. You want to be
> different: well, then show it and co-operate instead of allowing for
> political separation. We all have one thing in common: we are human
> beings and as such we have something called intelligence that
> distinguishes us from other living forms ans as such we have the power
> to decide ... the wiki way is co-operation and trying to understand each
> other and not separation.

Sabine,
When I come here my idea was to collaborate and cooperate with others.
If that was not the case we could make our own wikipedia. But that is
not the case.
I agree with you about humans but I will add: Human also have
stereotypes, mis understanding, limited knowledge about specific topics
and dont judge always the same in same cases.

Thank you for joining discussion,
Darko Bulatovic