[Foundation-l] Vandalism and small wikis

Darko Bulatovic mail at itam.ws
Thu Nov 30 12:05:40 UTC 2006

Ray Saintonge wrote:
> Many languages in Europe do not have countries to match the language:
> Galician, Catalan, Frisian, Sardinian ...  And what should happen with
> the Roma?  Other languages are spoken in several countries.  Wikipedia
> is based on languages, not on nations or the evil of nationalism or
> patriotism.
>
> I don't like the artificial languages any more than you do.  Except for
> Esperanto, there is nobody that really speaks these languages on a
> regular basis, and nobody to be the audience for the language games that
> their supporters like to play.  It would be very difficult to get rid of
> them, as the experience with a totally ridiculous language like Klingon
> has shown.
>
> I have no problem with Montenegrin independence, though I have sometimes
> wondered why it was so much slower to break away from Serbia  than the
> other repblics of Yugoslavia.  Many of us from outside the Balkans find
> the persistent chauvinism of the entire area (not just Yugoslavia)
> thoroughly mystifying, and I don't think that Wikipedia should be
> encouraging these separate language in the face of contrary linguistic
> evidence.
>
> Ec

What linguistic evidence? I am asking you all this time to give such
evidence. What are the rules on WMF about this?
Is it the evidence that 200.000 people talk Montenegrin language?

And I am not talking about countries I am talking about nation marks
(Country don't always mean nation). I dont see that we follow each other
up on this. You seems talk about something else.

Darko Bulatovic