[Foundation-l] Vandalism and small wikis

Darko Bulatovic mail at itam.ws
Wed Nov 29 19:11:07 UTC 2006

geni wrote:
> Not so much. there are a number of different forms of English and yet
> it is accepted that there is only one language. In some areas "thou"
> still exists. In others colour is spelled color. What standisation
> there is is often not goverment mandated.

---  in mayor cases  Academies( or similar institutions) are working on
language standardisation. So that are working under Goverment policy on
educational and science level. Freedom in that filed is also regulated
on Goverment level, so in any case it is political meter. On that level
I was talking about.
>> Linguistics rules are just political will on people language. If you
>> ignore this your opinion will not be righteous.
>>

> The oxford manual of style is not writen by the goverment.

Please check this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Manual_of_Style_(spelling)

Part of text: This table gives the accepted spellings (following
*government *guidelines and major dictionaries).
>> I will repeat my sentence:
>> - Wikipedia is multilingual and multicultural project.
>>
>> As I sad, culture is connected with language, and culture is spread by
>> communication, beside other ways of communication language is primary one.
>>
>>  >.When you read the article
>>  >about Montenegrin, the language on the English Wikipedia, it explains
>>  >quite clearly that elements that are to make Montegrin special can be
>>  >found outside of Montenegro as well.
>>
>> Do you know what you talk about? Do you know who write those articles?
>> Do you know anything about specifics of Montenegrin dialect of south
>> slavenian languages?
>>
>> Split of project is not our concern (As Montenegrin people are never
>> participated on this projects or they tried on marginal level), you know
>> well  why is was divided on Balkan, but you stay quiet on this. Special
>> regarding Serbian. Wikipedia is used for spreading of nationalism
>>

> It shouldn't be
>
>> and
>> now when Montenegrin wish to have their own wikipedia on their own
>> language, it become problem.
>>

> Well yes because we are yet to establish that the language exists.

But under same rule WMF has given