[Foundation-l] [Commons-l] Principles of organisation - who do we serve?

Brad Patrick bradp.wmf at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 15:12:22 UTC 2006

Commons exists to be a repository for free culture *and* to serve as
an inter-wiki storage medium for *free* media.  it is not a place to
dump stuff, nor is it a place which exists independently of other
wikis.

Copyright violations are not a minor or trivial problem.  They are a
serious problem, for which we are obligated to act when they are
properly brought to our attention.  This is all nothing new.

If there are Wikimedians who are advocating housing copyrighted media
in Commons, speak up now, because we need to get clear on why that is
not cool immediately.

-BradP