[Foundation-l] Help needed to develop fundraising appeal ideas

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 08:31:34 UTC 2006

On 08/11/06, Jeffrey V. Merkey <jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com> wrote:
> George Herbert wrote:

> >>"Um, we need some money. For stuff."

> >"We have to make it go."

> "investing in the future of eKnowledge"

"If you can't give us your soul and sanity, you could always just give
us your money."

Downtime is our greatest revenue generator. Having a donation link on
the "whoops the servers are melting" page is a fantastic idea. When
asked in interviews about advertising on Wikipedia, I say that people
seem to prefer being annoyed by downtime to being annoyed by ads, but
we need money please kthx.

- d.