[Foundation-l] benefactors page

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 3 13:09:19 UTC 2006

--- Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Benefactors
> Also, would there be any new names we could add to the list of
> benefactors. Most is at best early 2006. No big support since then ?
> I would actually suggest we put the most recent donations top down rather
> than down to top.

Keeping this page up-to-date should be the responsibility of a few different committees; fundcom,
events, and special projects (IIRC, that is were the grants function is). However, nobody in the
fundcom currently has access to easy to parse donor info (all we have is what everybody can see ;
the PayPal donation tracking pages). Would be neat to treat 'Anonymous' as a single donor.

In short, more analysis needs to be done to find out who our big donors are. The fundcom is
working on this though.

I would also like to link the benefactors page from very visible real estate on each page on each
wiki. That page is virtually hidden from the content wikis atm. We also need to make sure that
translations for the top 10 or so languages are kept up to date.

-- mav