[Foundation-l] Board officers elected; Anthere is Chair!

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 22:03:12 UTC 2006

> On 11/1/06, Sam Korn <smoddy at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Jimbo's position with regard to en.wp ArbCom is as Jimbo, not as
> > Chairman of the WMF.  I can't see how this would alter that situation
> > in the slightest.

> A shift in power. With the change in board positions the last
> justification for his past role is gone. Arbcom's power comes from the
> community not from jimbo.

This is, of course, precisely backwards. The ArbCom is an embodiment
of Jimbo's power, that's where it comes from. Jimbo has power because
that's how we do it, i.e. the community lets him. (Note that the
community frequently tells Jimbo to get knotted.)

> You know this. Thus the community should as
> much as posible be the final abitor of arbcoms membership.

I think Jimbo agrees, but doesn't try to rewrite history to argue the point.

- d.