[Foundation-l] Where we are headed. (was Wikimedia main office)

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Fri May 26 19:33:57 UTC 2006

On 5/26/06, Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Nobody has suggested that you or any other board member would need to move. Board members need not
> be in any Wikimedia office every day. The location of the main office (that is, the one where the
> executive director and most of the staff work) should be, IMO, dictated by where we can most
> easily maximize connections with like-minded organizations and with the relevant representatives
> of the nations we want to work with.

Being in NYC, DC, or varrious other locations would being us closer to
some subset of interesting orginizations...  But being near a solid
airport places us near all of them.  This really is the way a lot of
business is done today.

Whenever we have a critical mass of people in a spot we should
consider opening an office, but lets not let the tail wag the dog.
The increased cost of travel doesn't justify the cost of an additional
office in a prime location and if the location is non-prime, what did
you save on travel?