[Foundation-l] Serbia and Montenegro

Łukasz Garczewski tor at oak.pl
Wed May 24 10:42:42 UTC 2006

Walter van Kalken napisał(a):
> If you can pull that of I will personally send an email to the nobel
> peace prize foundation and to the UN for a prize and for you to become
> the secretary general.
I thought somebody did that already... ;)

But seriously now... Why the irony, Walter? There is a saying (or is it
a quote?) which goes more or less like this: "A given thing cannot be
done until somebody who doesn't know it cannot be done comes along. And
that somebody does it." We're writing an on-line encyclopedia. And it
works, it grows. and... it was impossible. Or at least it was thought to be.

Now... Imagine we're a bunch of people who don't know the first thing
about anything. ;) World peace? Piece of cake. Wikipedia on Mars? Just
wait and see. Alpha Centauri by 2050? Well... That might be a problem.
But not because we can't. We can and we will if we want to, just not by
any set date. Because we don't (and can't) really keep dates. But if you
look at things in the long term (and I do mean long) you'll see it'll
all work out fine in the end. That is how wiki works, right? Eventually
every page will get better and better and better. Same goes for the real
world (at least for us optimists).

And we *will* have these different chapters mentioned up and running and
working together... someday.

--
Best regards,
Łukasz Garczewski