[Foundation-l] Design for wikipedia's front page (and corporate)

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Sun May 21 00:25:44 UTC 2006

> Delphine Ménard wrote:
>
> >The problem I see is that the monobook is the default design for every
> >single Mediawiki in the world. Which means that people have trouble
> >knowing whether they are on Wikipedia, on a mirror, or some strange
> >fake site, or on my grand-mother's wiki.
> >
> Congratulations to your grand-mother.  It is encouraging to hear that
> people of her generation have maintained sufficient mental alertness to
> manage a wiki.

I wish. ;-) Both my grand-mothers actually passed away many years ago.
Let's make that my great-uncle, who is an internet freak (I mean, 90
years and some and blogging!) He does not have a wiki though, and I
would drive myself crazy trying to explain to him how mediawiki works
anyway ;-). (which goes to support my point that userfriendliness is
not exactly our strong point ;-) )

Delphine
--
~notafish