[Foundation-l] Design for wikipedia's front page (and corporate)

Austin Hair adhair at gmail.com
Fri May 19 21:37:34 UTC 2006

On 5/19/06, Delphine Ménard <notafishz at gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem I see is that the monobook is the default design for every
> single Mediawiki in the world. Which means that people have trouble
> knowing whether they are on Wikipedia, on a mirror, or some strange
> fake site, or on my grand-mother's wiki.

Precisely.  If you decide to install the most popular wiki software
package out there, you have to go out of your way to make it *not*
look like Wikipedia—at least the default logo isn't the MediaWiki
flower anymore (actually, it is, but at least it's defaced by annoying
text that compels people to change it quickly).

Austin