[Foundation-l] The status of smaller languages on the Wikimedia Commons

Daniel Arnold arnomane at gmx.de
Sat May 6 23:56:03 UTC 2006

Am Samstag, 06. Mai 2006 18:13 schrieb folengo at netcourrier.com:
> On that same Template_talk:Lang-mp page, at 14:43, (UTC),
>  Mormegil uses the worded "forced" (albeit with quotation marks) to
> express what happened. One shouldn't be forced (with or without
>  quotation marks). I am convinced that a smile is more powerful than
>  Arnomane's stick, because whenever I asked (in Spanish, with a
> smile) for a translation on the Spanish village pump of Commons,
> or on the Japanese village pump of the Japanese Wikipedia, or on
>  the Chinese village pump of the Chinese Wikipedia,  I found
>  everytime people who provided the needed translations.

Teofilo I have read your "pleasant comments with a smile" at Wikimedia Commons
Village pump countless times and I don't know if I must be Budha or something
in the like in order to bear your distortion of facts with a smile.

I just remember one comment from you that you refuse to participate at
translating of help pages until I do not fully agree with your far fetched
unwiki like proposal you provided those days. Shall I go more into details?

>  I think this is a workable alternative to Arnomane's threats,
>  but I am fearful of implementing it in conditions that would enable
>  Arnomane to think that his threats are showing positive results,
> and of going to these village pumps as a message bearer of a
>  threat.

Pardon? Well again as remaked above you refuse to do something good because
you think that I would count your efforts as my personal success and as proof
of everything I do. What a nonsense. By the way can you translate:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:First_steps

into French? Just in order to start with some real work in order to finally
support French in a decent way in Commons... For sure you won't start because
you think that I could crow over you. Would be nice if you can proof me wrong
that you do not believe that and just start translating this crucial tutorial
(Hint: If you translated it it would be your valuable work not mine. You
would get the credit not me and I don't care about credit for me).

Regards,
Daniel Arnold / Arnomane