[Foundation-l] Rodovid.org, family tree wiki, wishes to become a wiki project

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Fri Mar 31 07:29:25 UTC 2006

Simply asking a person's permission would simply lead to chaos.  The
person whom you ask may agree, but his brother may not.  A 110 year rule
may be a little excessive.  The US census, for example, is in the public
domain after 72 years.  BMD announcements in newspapers are all a matter
of public record; telephone directories, property tax records and the
Social Security Death Index are all publicly available sources of
information.

Ec