[Foundation-l] Wikinews EN ArbCom

Erik Moeller eloquence at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 19:23:07 UTC 2006

The user in question originally opposed the ArbCom; a discussion
followed. On http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews_talk:Arbitration_Committee
, Amgine wrote in November 2005: "I'm going to assume, lacking
opposition, that this proposed policy is in force then, and we should
begin considering a slate of people who would be good nominations to
serve." There were no further objections, and a public election
followed; the user in question voted in this election in support of
several candidates and posted no comments indicating that he opposed
the existence of the Arbcom at that point.

Therefore, should an ArbCom ruling require steward action, I would ask
stewards to consider the ArbCom on the English Wikinews to be official
policy as it was developed through an open consensus process. Should
stewards, however, ask for a poll "ratifying" the ArbCom policy, I
would also not object to such a poll being taken.

Erik