[Foundation-l] Rodovid.org, family tree wiki, wishes to become a wiki project

Benjamin Webb bjwebb67 at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 26 17:40:06 UTC 2006

Yes, I agree, a well aimed donation system would bring in quite a tidy sum
for a project like this.

As for copyrights, when it comes it Genealogical data, most of it can't be
copyrighted, as it is mostly facts. I have added certain familysearch
GEDCOMs to my tree on Rodovid, do you think I am allowed to do this, as it
is facts.

Of course, having a free license does make it much easier, there isn't an
issue of trying to draw the line between fact and copyrightable material.

By the way, what do you think of the meta
page<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Rodovid.org>
?

Benjamin Webb