[Foundation-l] Sister Project Cooperation

- Essjay - essjaywiki at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 09:18:46 UTC 2006

I believe that the issue of concern has been confused: We're not worried
about the articles, we're worried about the slogans that are used on the
various main pages. Either Wikipedia is "the free encyclopedia" or it is
not; it's not the place of Wikiquote to decide on a new tagline, any more
than it is appropriate for Wikiquote to change the Wikipedia logo to another
one. By the same token, it is not the place of Wikipedia to decide if
Wikisource is "the free library" or not; whatever is the official slogan of
Wikisource is what needs to be put in the little box on the main page that
links to all the other projects.

Essjay