[Foundation-l] "Chinese Wikimania 2006 to be held in Hong Kong"

R.O.C sdnyroc at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 20:01:57 UTC 2006

anthere, thank you very much for the comments. meanwhile, i am
preparing a letter requesting for permission to use the foundation's
trademark for the conference and will email to relevant committees and
internal-l shortly.

ya, although there are lots of active chinese contributors (japanese
too i believe), i think that the language is really an obstacle for
most east asian people. user:theodoranian (aka, THD in this thread) is
probably one in zh.wikipedia i know with the best english skill, but
even he confessed that he sometimes has trouble understanding
questions or finding words to answer questions when he was in
frankfurt (sorry~~, thd). of course, his written english is good. i am
sure there are a number of chinese contributors with good english, and
the recent discussions here on the list about the chinese conference
have promoted the list among chinese contributors. i hope that there
will be more chinese participants here and on meta and irc.

thanks! i'm living in new york, where i have to use english everyday,
so that is why. 8-) i'll probably go to boston this year (it's so
near) and hopefully meet you guys.

emm, that's a great idea! i think that it will be very helpful, both
to the chinese contributors and the foundation. i believe that it will
be very productive if personal meetings are held between foundation
people and people from mainland china, taiwan, hong kong, etc, as what
have been for european people. i also believe that people from east
asian projects can bring more insights/input to the wikimania.

best,

roc