[Foundation-l] (volunteer) job position : Ombudsperson checkuser (or checkuser Ombudsperson or whatever)

Daniel Arnold arnomane at gmx.de
Wed Jun 21 22:30:44 UTC 2006

Am Mittwoch, 21. Juni 2006 23:31 schrieb Anthere:
> > Will that create more meta work ?
> No. It will delegate meta work or move meta work to another person. I am
> currently doing the job.

Yes and I was suggesting that you and everbody else just drop the job entirely
and that maybe there are other solutions without the need for such a hard
work.

I think that it is important for Wikimedia to think about solutions how to
avoid some "meta-work".

You're all doing voluntarily an incredible hard job every day and my main
concern is that you will end up with too much time consuming work which
doesn't improve Wikimedia projects directly (Better content, better software,
better server maintenance, better PR...).

Arnomane