[Foundation-l] Opinions/suggestions for "outside" members of the board?

amgine at saewyc.net amgine at saewyc.net
Wed Jun 21 03:01:23 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-20-06 at 14:54 +0200, Jimmy Wales wrote:
Anthere wrote:
> > One problem I have with your list and with Jimbo's list is that they
> > propose very few great candidates from Korea or Madagascar.
>
> I agree with this concern, but how to address it?  I do not know of any
> prominent leaders either "outside" or "inside" Wikipedia from either
> Korea or Madagascar... or similar places.

South Korean figures:
* Oh Yeon Ho
*: Founder and CEO of OhMyNews
* Lee Kun-hee
*: Chairman of Samsung
* Kim Chong-Won
*: Founder and CEO of SKC Corporation
* Kim Jeong-Hoon
*: Head of Bell Labs, USA, among other positions

Melagasy (Madagascar) figures:

* Raharimanana
*: Teacher, journalist, and author (in French)
* Michèle Rakotoson
*: Writer, journalist, film maker

This is by no means a reasonably complete list; merely a selection of
figures notable enough to have entries in the English WP.

Amgine