[Foundation-l] Would you consider being on the Board?

Michael R. Irwin michael_irwin at verizon.net
Thu Jun 15 07:30:15 UTC 2006

Jimmy Wales wrote:

>Michael R. Irwin wrote:
>

>>Wikiversity is a natural fit with the existing projects and the slogans
>>and bylaws yet it is not being implemented despite overwhelming
>>community support.
>>

>It should be noted that I am a strong supporter of Wikiversity.  So,
>whatever merits the rest of your rant might have, this does not seem to
>be particularly relevant.
>
>The Wikiversity group was asked to make some relatively minor
>adjustments to the charter, adjustments which addressed the concerns
>*not of the board*, but of the people who had opposed to creation of
>Wikiversity.
>
>The board has not been presented with a followup proposal for a vote.
>
>--Jimbo

You ever heard of management by walking around?

This is a farcical response to a year delay after members of your Board
of Directors presented a "freeing the curriculum" presentation.

 From 200 voting supporters and a fair amount of activity in the
temporary space we are down to a committe of five, a couple of alleged
trolls, and maybe a few editors shifting back and forth from wikibooks.

Squandering that momentum and presenting this incompetence to practicing
professionals, a few of whom definately came calling with interested
graduate students, is not our finest hour.

Fun to find we are on speaking terms again.

regards,
lazyquasar