[Foundation-l] Hiring of Interim Executive Director and Legal Counsel

Elisabeth Bauer elian at djini.de
Tue Jun 13 10:53:55 UTC 2006

Arne Klempert schrieb:
> On 6/13/06, Tim Starling <t.starling at physics.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
>
>>No doubt judging by the flood of positive comments, this decision was
>>discussed at length before it was announced. May I ask where, and by whom?
>
> IMHO it was high time to hire an inhouse legal counsel and an
> (interim) executive director. And Brad seems to be a very good choice
> for both. Congratulations to Brad, and to the board for making this
> decision.
>
> Disclaimer: Even if this might be seen as a positive comment, I am not
> aware of any longish discussions. Is there any causal relationship
> between discussing at length and making positive comments about wise
> board decisions?

You should know by now that in Wikimedia discussing at length usually
only takes place for topics like cantonese or moldovian wikipedias, not
for such things as hiring a legal counsel ;-)

Add my congratulations here - so far my experiences with Brad have been
entirely positive and I'm really glad that we have a fulltime lawyer
aboard now :-)

greetings,
elian