[Foundation-l] fundraising

Kelly Martin kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 17:53:05 UTC 2006

On 6/11/06, Robert Scott Horning <robert_horning at netzero.net> wrote:
> Has any thought gone into producing printed materials (either on CD or
> even dead tree format) for high quality materials derived from Wikimedia
> project pages?

I fear that printed material like this is of sufficiently low margin
as to not be a very effective fundraising activity.  The costs
involved in producing high-quality printed material are substantial.
Sadly, the quality of product produced by the vanity presses (like
Lulu) is not very high, and I fear that it would do us a disservice.
(I have the same concern regarding the merchandise we sell through
Cafe Press.)

Kelly