[Foundation-l] Re : Instant Commons : INCORRECT

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Thu Jun 8 13:45:48 UTC 2006

Traroth wrote:
> I completly disagree with this point. You are part of the Board.
> That's an engagement. Things are made so the agreement of the Board
> is needed for some decisions. It's unfair to say that the Board has
> the choice to *not decide* because the members don't care. Such a
> sentence could be demotivating for the whole project members : why
> try to organize something, if the Board take no decision about, not
> because the project is not good, but only because they don't care ?

I believe you have misunderstood her point.  In order for the board, or
anyone, to be able to look at something and make a decision, it has to
be presented coherently and professionally, not as a rambling series of
emails coupled with demands that we support it.  Our time is limited,
and not every proposal that comes to us is equally coherent.