[Foundation-l] Where we are headed

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 7 06:44:44 UTC 2006

Daniel Mayer wrote:

>--- Michael Snow <wikipedia at earthlink.net> wrote:
>

>>One
>>use of interest to us is that if a company has a charitable giving
>>program in which employees can have an amount withheld from their
>>paychecks to the charity of their choice, the company would need the
>>charity's EIN. I'm not aware of any serious problem for a nonprofit
>>publishing this number (the American Red Cross publishes theirs on their
>>website). In fact, I've suggested putting ours out there in order to
>>make it easier for companies to add us to gift-matching programs, but
>>I'm not aware that this has been done yet.
>>

>Our EIN has been on the foundation wiki for some time now:
>
>http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Deductibility_of_donations
>
>Of course, that whole set of pages needs to be re-done so finding things like that are easy.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I'm glad to know that
this did get done after all. I agree about reworking the site as well.
One of the Communications committee's plans, which I need to do more
work on, is trying to develop a better idea of what should actually be
on the Foundation website as opposed to being on Meta.

--Michael Snow