[Foundation-l] Where we are headed

Troy Hunter troyhunter0 at lycos.com
Sun Jun 4 21:45:04 UTC 2006

Arne Klempert wrote:
> On 6/4/06, Troy Hunter <troyhunter0 at lycos.com> wrote:
> > > Why do you suppose that an outsider would be chosen for this?
> >
> > Do you have any candidates in mind at the moment? How
> > many edits do each of them have?
>
> Oh yeah, let's adopt the Requests for Adminship process for chosing
> Wikimedia Foundation's employees and contractors. Or let's just count
> the edits, then probably a bot will become CEO. And thanks to Free
> Software anyone can write his own CEO. Great idea! ;)

No, I certainly wouldn't suggest using such criteria to select a CEO. But Jimmy says that the CEO will not be an outsider, so I would like to know what the definition of an outsider is. If a candidate had less than, say, half a dozen edits, we might be forgiven for thinking of them as an outsider. Is this the case?