[Foundation-l] Re : jobs

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 2 12:16:03 UTC 2006

Traroth wrote:

> [...]

True.

For that matter, a job description for hiring a CEO was recently
drafted. It seems the board agrees on the job description. We are
currently voting to approve or not a candidate.

Here is the job description (it may have some imperfections, but
overall, it seems to be pretty much what we need).

Position summary of CEO
The chief executive is responsible for the overall administration and
management of WMF, including service programs, fundraising, and business
operations. Areas of responsibility include assisting and working
closely with the board on planning and evaluation, operational policy
development and administration, personnel and fiscal management, and
public relations. This is a full-time position, hired by and directly
accountable to the board of directors through its elected board chair.

Responsibilities
Management and administration
*Develop and facilitate an active planning process.
*Develop organizational goals and objectives consistent with the mission
and vision of WMF, as defined by the board of directors
*Develop and administer operational policies.
*Oversee WMF infrastructure services and public relations activities, to
ensure WMF objectives are met.
*Oversee business development.
*Ensure compliance with funding sources and regulatory requirements.
*Provide information for evaluation of the organization's activities.

Fiscal
*Develop, recommend, and monitor annual and other budgets, in
consultation with the appropriately constituted budget committees, CFO,
Treasurer.
*Ensure effective audit trails with the constituted audit committee
*Approve expenditures consistent with board-approved policies
*Provide for proper fiscal record-keeping and reporting.
*Submit monthly financial statements to the board of directors.
*Prepare and submit grant applications and funding proposals as
appropriate, in consultation with the Grants Officer and special project
committee

Personnel
*Administer board-approved personnel policies.
*Ensure proper (legal) hiring and termination procedures.
*Oversee all personal disciplinary actions.
*Provide for adequate supervision and evaluation of WMF staff and WMF
volunteers

Board relations
*Assist the board chair in planning the agenda and materials for board
meetings.
*Initiate and assist in developing policy recommendations and in setting
priorities.
*Facilitate the orientation of new board members.
*Work with the board to raise funds
*Staff board committees as appropriate.

Public relations
*Assist the communication committee in public relations activities, to
ensure WMF objectives are met.
*Ensure appropriate representation of WMF by all employees.
*Coordinate representation of WMF to legislative bodies and other groups.