[Foundation-l] Re : jobs

Traroth traroth at yahoo.fr
Fri Jun 2 09:24:03 UTC 2006

----- Message d'origine ----
De : Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com>
À : foundation-l at wikimedia.org
Envoyé le : Vendredi, 2 Juin 2006, 3h27mn 12s
Objet : [Foundation-l] jobs

>Interesting question.
>Is the job of a board member
>1) define the strategy of the Foundation in the long run
>2) manage everyday operations of the organisation
>3) focus on human management of volunteers ?

>According to books, it is 1. According to reality, it is 2. According to
>wishes, is it 3 ?

Actually, according to point 1, the Board should find a solution for point 2 and also for point 3. What else could mean "define the strategy of the Foundation in the long run", if it doesn't begin with solutions for all day problems ?

>Let me see... I need

>1) someone with good knowledge of cell phones to help us figure what we
>could do with wikipedia and cell phone (technical description). Able to
>answer all emails on OTRS of cell-phone people proposing various
>partnership.

Could you be a little more precise, maybe by private mail ? What is the aim ? To get Wikipedia on a cell phone ? Isn't it already possible ?

Traroth

Traroth