[Foundation-l] Volunteering--where are we heading

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Fri Jun 2 00:41:08 UTC 2006

This has been a very instructive discussion for me, at least.

Unofficially, at least, I would like to make a proposal. I would like to
invite people on this list to email me at _dwool at wikimedia.org_
(mailto:dwool at wikimedia.org)  if they are

a) interested in volunteering in various capacities,
b) in what particular capacities they are interested
c) what particular skills and experiences they bring to the table
d) when they would be available to volunteer
e) how much time they would be able to devote to this
f) what particular equipment they have that can be used (color printer,
scanner, an amazing long-dstance phone plan, etc.)
f) how they can be contacted
f) any other ideas you might have

I will then begin to create a database with this information.

This does not mean that you will automatically be given something to do.  Nor
does it mean that you will be asked to do exactly what you want. It will,
however, help to coordinate some of the many tasks that need doing, such as
stuffing envelopes, coordinating databases, etc.

I think that this can be a first step toward greater involvement.

Remember, send it to my work address: _dwool at wikimedia.org_
(mailto:dwool at wikimedia.org) . Do not send it to  this address.

Note that I am not doing this in any official capacity whatsoever. I would
be more than happy to have one or two volunteers help organize this.

Thanks,

Danny