[Foundation-l] Update on ombudsman issue

Lord Voldemort lordbishopvoldemort at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 18:59:45 UTC 2006

On 7/20/06, Michael Bimmler <mbimmler at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not
> saying that "Ombudsman" is literally offending but it might be
> considered if the user constantly refuses and if consensus is reached
> that his username could be misleading.

Well (and I don't really care about this subject, and can't really
believe I am even involved in the discussion) all I know is that
[[Wikipedia:Username]] states that one type of inappropriate user name
is "Names that include commonly used Wikipedia software or community
terms, or imply an official position on Wikipedia."

When we actually get some type of ombudsman, the name may become
"inappropriate".  But what do I know, my user name probably violates
the "Trademarked names" clause (which must have been added since my
start here. Off to check.  ;-)  --LV