[Foundation-l] Update on ombudsman issue

Michael Bimmler mbimmler at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 18:52:10 UTC 2006

> On 7/20/06, Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > PS : is it a good idea to have a user named ombudsman ?
> >

> The issue has been raised from time to time (I think it got a mention
> in the user's RFC). Since the user has refused to change there hasn't
> really been much that can be done.

Wait, a bureaucrat doesn't really need the user's approval to do the
name change...
On dewp, there is now a policy which allows bureaucrats to do forced
name changes for offending usernames ("User:XYZ_is_an_idiot"). I'm not
saying that "Ombudsman" is literally offending but it might be
considered if the user constantly refuses and if consensus is reached
that his username could be misleading.
Michael