[Foundation-l] Babylon Ltd using Wikipedia - press release questions

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Wed Feb 15 21:05:50 UTC 2006

One thing I was worried about is that Babylon contained spyware for some
time. However, it turns out that they already removed it in 2002 to
appeal to a professional audience. Anyone worried that Babylon contains
spyware should read this:

http://www.babylon.com/eng/display.php?id=87&tree=7&level=3&show_id=680

Otherwise, it's a fairly cool product, since it uses OCR to identify
words you click on, so you can even translate stuff from images. I used
it all the time when I was still on Windows.

Erik