[Foundation-l] Fundraising and change to the wikipedia traffic rating

db djbaniel at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 8 06:02:18 UTC 2006

About fundraising:

It is already pretty clear (see
http://fundraising.wikimedia.org/ongoing/index.php/2006-02/)
that Jimmy's personal appeal is more effective at
generating funds than the wikimedia fundraising page
(http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fundraising). If
we are going to continue with a fundraising link on
every wikipedia page, shouldn't we change the link
back to Jimmy's personal appeal until we find
something else that is even more effective?

About wikipedia traffic rating:
Wikipedia is now one of the 25 (NOT 35) most visited
websites in the world:
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?&range=3m&size=large&compare_sites=&y=t&url=wikipedia.org#top

Can we update this information on the wikimedia
foundation homepage?
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home

-d