[Foundation-l] wiki search - new wiki project: JJ-wiki-search (a community space)

thomasasta at gmx.net thomasasta at gmx.net
Thu Dec 28 23:21:34 UTC 2006

Hi

it would be useful, if more users from the foundation list subscribe as well to the new project for wiki: wiki-search.

http://search.wikia.com/wiki/Search_Wiki

The mailinglist subscribe is here:

The archive to read some good threads already is here:
http://lists.wikia.com/pipermail/search-l/2006-December/date.html

Three comments.

1.) wiki search should be in cooperation with the foundation. Each wikipedia needs a search box. so subscribe to search-l.

2.) Google is quick and reads here as well, so we need not only open source but as well open strategy to enter the market. As there was already the idea to ship a bundled software packet and bundle it with the cspace messenger, google polished very quick the google software packet and as well the toolbar and announced today to make google talk "the" VOIP telephone and messenger... So.. be aware, that only the community sense of wikipedia will be the core competency, and not rating or human rating or open source algorythms or a few servers. This means the foundation is the part we need in this project and as well the wikipedia community, which means we need the name "wiki" in the name for the search engine of wikipedia for external sites.

3) if a name is requested, then as said wiki is needed. and: there was the thread to use the open source code of yacy.net p2p search engine and website indexer. As Yacy is Spoken like Jacky Onassis and Jim is the father of wiki search, we could call this whole project "Jim ´n Jack" or better "JJ". This means to built a JJ-Search or JJ-wiki. So please start early to register the domains.

"JJ" is better than Jah Jah or google and evern better than Stan and Oli.
JJ sounds like a Jojo, we all remember from days when we were young.

JJ is the new way to searc decentral and if p2p yacy is shipped as a deamon of a buddylist http://cspace.in , then we could have as well a messenger called "JJ"-Space. Not "my" space but a cspace clone caled JJ´s
place.

Well, this is not yahda yahda, this is the phrase of asking yopur JJ´s, which means your buddies in the cspace buddylist or the p2p engine jj-search, which will have as well a search-box in the friendslist window like icq, openeing the yacy search in the browser.

JJ is quite a good name for a p2p search engine and p2p buddylist? isn´t it
? its the JJ-Wiki-"C"(ommunity)space for all questions, the web can answer.

Ask the Wiki-Community-Space "jj"

What do you think (please answer to the search-list and subscribe there.)

kind regards tom