[Foundation-l] New ideas for fundraising needed. Start here!

Anthere Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 28 21:39:40 UTC 2006

Damian Finol wrote:
> David Gerard wrote:

>>>No.
>>>Did I really have to say that? ;-)
>>

>>Then take it as read ;-)
>>
>>Perhaps we can get going on creative new ideas for fundraising!
>>
>>Post your idea below:
>>
>>--->
>>
> Lobby the UN for Funds, I bet UNESCO might want to get involved given
> the nature of the projects..
>
> That's all.
>
> Damian
>
>>- d.

Yes.

I am all for getting a recognition by the UN for example.
Practically, I am trying to ask someone to get me in touch with someone,
who in turn will get me in touch etc...

Note that lobbying big organisations like this requires
* having good contacts. Usually implies previously meeting these good
contacts somewhere
* money. These people are not waiting for us. We need to call them, we
need to go and meet them. We need to participate conferences when they
hang around. Ey, we even need to pay ourselves good clothes to meet them.
* persistance. The people in charge of doing that need to dedicate a lot
of time. Meanwhile...

Do not get me wrong. Yes, it is a very good idea. The first step for the
recognition was the audit. In which a *lot* of effort was put, precisely
for this reason. The audit also took money and time.

Ant