[Foundation-l] new site notice now ready

James Hare messedrocker at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 04:15:10 UTC 2006

Danny gave a very good speech about this in the Wikimedia IRC channel. He
said that since we don't do advertising, we are giving up on tens of
millions of dollars a year. Now that we need money, we have Virgin Unite
kind enough to offer some really cool matching. Mentioning them in the
Sitenotice is our way of saying "thank you for being so awesome."