[Foundation-l] Throwing some data onto the flamefest fire (was: English Wikipedia ethnocentric policy affects other communities)

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 23 16:49:34 UTC 2006

There are many ideas like this one that would solve
the problem but are outside of the design of the
system.  Perhaps these kind of ideas should sent
through wikitech-l first before everyone talks about
them here.  I know the attaching og differnet names
was not technically possible in SUL back in October
because I specifically asked after it was brought up
at the talk page.

The same thing goes for the thread on automatic
transliteration.  This does not exist for all fonts.
It is very much not possible as a global soulution,
although it could be a recommendation where it is
possible.  What can we do with the existing situation,
or else with an easy amount of deveploment?  I don't
see the point in arguing whether it acceptable or not
to adopt a technically immpossible solution.

Birgitte SB