[Foundation-l] Throwing some data onto the flamefest fire (was: English Wikipedia ethnocentric policy affects other communities)

James Hare messedrocker at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 15:06:08 UTC 2006

I came up with another idea, which would assume that SUL is in place...
perhaps people could have multiple usernames linked to a single login for
use on wikis with different scripts...

On my "Messedrocker" account, if I wanted to get involved on, for example,
the Greek Wikipedia, I could set up another login linked to my account:
Μεσσεδροcκερ. On Greek Wikipedia, I would set that as my name to be
identified as, so while I still would be able to log in as Messedrocker, I
would be identified on the wiki through recent changes,
Special:Contributions, user page, etc. as Μεσσεδροcκερ. The Greek alternate
handle would be automatically registered to prevent impersonation (and a
slew of other technical problems).