[Foundation-l] Throwing some data onto the flamefest fire (was: English Wikipedia ethnocentric policy affects other communities)

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 23 01:37:50 UTC 2006

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Category:Temporary_Wikipedian_userpages&from=Z

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/%E8%97%A4%E4%BA%95%E7%8C%AB%E3%82%86%E3%81%86%E3%81%BE

http://ja.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=%E7%89%B9%E5%88%A5:Log&type=block&page=%E5%88%A9%E7%94%A8%E8%80%85:%E8%97%A4%E4%BA%95%E7%8C%AB%E3%82%86%E3%81%86%E3%81%BE

> :)
>
> You might also enjoy the list of blocked users with
> non-ascii
> characters in their names at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Gmaxwell/nonalphausers/blocked

I think we have a different idea of what active is.
Two edits that are six months old isn't active to me.
 It appears from looking at the logs, the blocking of
non-Latin username became a regular practice in early
October. The non-latin reasoning was specifically
added to {{UsernameBlocked}} on Oct. 16.  I think if
we have non-latin editors that are active since
September (to give a little room for error)  that
would really mean something.  I also think three edits
should have been enough to be noticed on RC and
blocked if this is the standard practice.  Therefore
most non-latin editors with three edits since Sept.
should be blocked if my claim is true.  I don't think
the existance un-blocked non-latin editors who were
only active before Sept is significant.  But if you
believe a different time-period would be siginificant
please explain.

Birgitte SB