[Foundation-l] Automatic username transliteration for SUL

Christophe Millet kipmaster at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 09:25:38 UTC 2006

> On 21/12/06, Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I did a large amount of copying and pasting of all
> > kinds of fonts about a year ago when repairing the
> > broken links from the WS split. [1]  I never had a
> > problem with getting a usable link.  What exactly was
> > the problem you encountered?
>

> Erm, I stated the exact problem and software environment in the bit of
> my message you in fact quoted ...

Copy and paste doesn't work on Internet Explorer, or on
these browsers where all you see is "?" or an empty box.
It works with firefox, where what you see is a box, and in it
is the Unicode number of the character (or some other number),
so that different unknown characters do look different to me.

Kip.