[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] English Wikipedia ethnocentric policy affects other communities

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 20:44:46 UTC 2006

On 12/21/06, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:

> George Herbert schreef:

> discussed
> There
> even

> >> Hoi,
> >> Again you misquote. To what extend do you think the admins of other
> >> projects are asked what they think about the imposition of all kinds of
> >> functionality that was discussed at length at the en.wikipedia or some
> >> such. Really, much of the problem has already been solved. With SUL it
> >> will be even easier to find if someone is a know good or a known troll.
> >> You just seem to be unwilling to acknowledge these facts, by also using
> >> not so polite language you make yourself less relevant in my eyes.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>     GerardM
> >>

> > I find your lack of assumed good faith disturbing.
> Hoi,
> What do you expect when it is the return that I get is as if I said
> "fuck you" ? You call that good faith ? What do you expect when for a
> second time I am misquoted ?
> Sorry, but it is not me who used foul language. So how do you conclude
> that I am of bad faith. :(
> GerardM

I do not see the en.WP folks ignoring or arguing against the SUL benefits,
but I do see you enthusiastically telling us that the negatives due to the
impact of SUL with current en.WP policy are imaginary or evidence of us
being insensitive or culturally imperialist (paraphrasing).

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com