[Foundation-l] Oversight rights

Voice of All jschulz_4587 at msn.com
Thu Dec 21 01:37:02 UTC 2006

Indeed both are extemely important, and in some ways irreversible. Revealing
checkuser data cannot be undone, and while someone with root could reverse
the oversight revision moving, leaking this information could result in
serious personal information being "out there", which cannot be reversed.
Checkuser and Oversight are more or less on the same "level".

Though oversuse of ovesight is more annoying than seriously damaging, its
still is a good way to waste developer time and should strongly be avoided,
as abuse can raise questions about the judgement of someone who has that
priviledge. I've already wrote a patch (bug 8131) to add diffs to Oversight
to help make watching over its use easier.