[Foundation-l] English Wikipedia ethnocentric policy affects other communities

The Cunctator cunctator at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 22:35:36 UTC 2006

On 12/20/06, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hoi,
> There is no such thing as a "primary character set of the Wikipedia" all

You misinterpreted what wrote. It may have been clearer if I had written
"primary character set for each Wikipedia".

Wikipedia projects are equal. I do not think that Walter's phraseology
> is helpful but it does demonstrate quite eloquently how strong the
> sentiments are against this policy.

Unless I'm mistaken, you are misinterpreting the policy. Those claiming that
SUL means that non-Latin-alphabet usernames will be somehow
eliminated/discriminated against/banned are incorrect.

Thanks,