[Foundation-l] English Wikipedia ethnocentric policy affects other communities

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 11:40:01 UTC 2006

Hoi,
Let me inform you that we support projects in languages for which all
the glyphs needed to create UNICODE compatible fonts do not exist. For
many languages you can indeed turn on the support to make the characters
available. This does however not mean that you have learned to
distinguish these characters. What is relevant and reasonable is that we
disallow mixing characters that are not part of the characters used in
one language.
Thanks,
    GerardM